View Single Post
Old October 20, 2005, 11:53 PM   #34
clt46910

Pax...I am 57, this is my youngest child. I already have the credentials to make the speech. Like I said, it has worked before and it will work again. Not just with me, but with a lot of my family. We have no children in jail, no children on drugs, we have had a few traffic tickets. Most of the grown ones have good educations and good jobs. I am talking not only my children but those of my brothers, sisters, and cousins. You put the time and efford into your child and you will see the results.

To assume that things will not work out or that your child will in someway fail you just gives both you and the child the mindset to fail. That seems to be the accepted idea today. It is a crap shoot if your child comes out OK or not. That is not accepted in my family. The child is given the training and guidance to succeed. Not just in the early years but in their teen years also. Don't give up on them just because it gets harder.

I would hope my daughter will not be the same person in eight years. She will be more mature, responsible, and knowledgeable then she is today. There is no such thing as a perfect father, just as there is no such thing as a perfect child. But there are good fathers and good children.

Page generated in 0.03524 seconds with 8 queries