View Single Post
Old July 10, 2008, 10:45 PM   #13
EskimoPie

There is now an extra $20 off this safe for a total of $220 and they extended the sale as well. If anybody else ordered one, call up Costco and ask for your extra $20 off, they didn't complain at all.

My safe actually arrived today. The delivery guy was nice enough to put it all the way in my garage instead of just at the end of my driveway. It's definitely a large safe and at 450 lbs I'll need a couple of buddies to help me drag it upstairs. For the price though I'm really happy with it.

2 things people should know though, the pictures show a very light grey, almost silver, color. Mine is a very dark gray, essentially black. I don't mind this at all since I didn't love the light gray color anyway. The black looks nice. The thing I'm not crazy about though is the pictures clearly show an S&G electronic lock. Mine doesn't have an S&G. The manual has 3 different electronic locks listed, the S&G, a "Lagard Basic", and a "LPLocks". I got the "LPLocks". It doesn't seem as well made of a lock as the S&G. I checked the website again and it doesn't say anything like "may be different than shown in pictures" so I'm going to call and complain. I'm worried Costco will just say 'fine, return it for a refund' at which point I'll just keep it since It's still the best bang for the buck I could find.

Also, the interior isn't very fancy... the carpet is pretty low-grade and the shelving system is a little chintzy, but it'll clearly do the job and for the money I'm really not complaining.

Page generated in 0.02230 seconds with 8 queries