View Single Post
Old November 12, 2006, 11:38 PM   #1
trooper3385

Hornady LeverEvalution Report

A couple of months ago, I get a real good deal on a Marlin 336 Stainless Steel. I put a Nikon 3-9 scope on it. I decided to try some of the new Hornady LeverEvalution. I guess thats how you spell it. Anyway, it was hitting real good on paper at 100 yds, so I decided to take it out today. First time I've ever hunted with a 30-30. First time with a lever action as well. So after about 15 hogs camped out under my feeder for about 4 hrs, I decided to take a crack at one before leaving. The shot the biggest one which was about a 200 lb boar. It was quartering towards me at 150 yds and I hit em right in front of the shoulder. Dropped in its tracks with a complete pass through, behind the shoulder. Waited about 10 minutes before heading out. As I was coming up to it, I heard another coming towards me through the brush, back up to the feeder. Busted that one at about 15 yds just in front of its ear. complete pass through as well, which would be expected at that distance. Bullet performed excellent. Devestating damage on both, especially with the larger one at about 150 yds. I hadn't heard much about the bullet on how it performs on game, other than there pretty accurate. Just thought I would let you all know if your using them or thinking about it. I'll be sticking with them. The smaller sow that I shot should eat pretty good. I wasn't planning on doing anything with the boar, but some guy that came along for the ride with one of the guys we lease too was happy to take it. So good luck to him.

Page generated in 0.02200 seconds with 8 queries