View Single Post
Old April 25, 2009, 12:59 PM   #1
tonyclifton

new 92fs -- need practice advice for da/sa firing

went to the range today. 1st day with my beretta 92 fs compact. gun performed great. i didn't!!

i have a hi point 9, dao (like it), and a ruger mark iii, single action (love it). I have been shooting these for about 3 years. also occasionally hunt with a bolt action .30-06 or .50 inline muzzle loader. not a complete newbie to firing a gun.

problem is the 1st shot in da on the beretta. the trigger pull seemed exceptionally long, i was surprised i even hit paper. the following sa shots were fine, not as crisp as my ruger, but ok.

i am a complete newbie to da/sa semi autos. i know i could just cock the hammer for the first shot, but i have a ccw permit and want to carry the beretta in an iwb holster. i planned on having 1 in the chamber with safety on, hammer down, making first shot da. now, until i can get better with that 1st da shot, i am putting that off.

is this the norm for da/sa semi autos? should i just do a ton of dry fire practice?

now I really see the benefit of a 1911 cocked and locked, or a dao glock, xd, etc...

also have dreams of getting into idpa eventually. do these guys shoot da on first shot of each mag?

thanks

Page generated in 0.05348 seconds with 8 queries