View Single Post
Old February 10, 2007, 06:58 PM   #113
Chindo18Z

David Armstrong: My post was intended to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek.

If you would be so kind as to refute my points without a subjective "...wrong and irrelevant...", I'll entertain serious consideration for your conclusions.

Please feel free to name some folks or agencies from my list (besides mythical Bob) who think this form of carry is a good idea. The chances will be very good that I've instructed them, been instructed by them, or served in combat with them. We can compare notes 'cause I'm willing to learn.

The beer-chugging reference was a comparative analogy. The more motor skill movements required, the greater propensity for failure at all levels. You will be slower to draw, present, aquire target, and fire. You will also be more likely to fumble presentation and grip under stress. And although the statistical probability of two equally armed opponents conducting a simultaneous quick draw are very low, there is a very high probability that trouble requiring a pistol will erupt close to (if not inside) your personal zone. Try the foolishess you recommend and you will be owned by your opponent.

On balance, I believe that you are simply advocating a really good way to die. I know that you don't believe that, so we'll just have to disagree.

Page generated in 0.02274 seconds with 8 queries