View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 11:48 PM   #95
dajowi

In my state we have both CC and OC.

The number of people I've seen OC out in the field, in town and strangely enough at the local gun club can be counted on one hand.

The number of people who've clumsily carried concealed can be counted on two. When I say clumsily carried I mean they are more than just printing, their weapons are solidly in view.

Although open carry is legal in Washington State people are still arrested under RCW 9.41.270 - Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harm. Unlawful carrying or handling: It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons. As you can see they don't use the term brandishing.

In effect, open carry a firearm in public which most likely will "alarm for the safety of other persons" at least one person and you'll most likely be the subject of a 9-1-1 "man with a gun" report.

There was only one time I open carried. It was by accident and completely unintended. I had been on a walk and the weather had turned warmer than expected. On the way back I took off my jacket exposing a Colt .45 in a shoulder rig. During the mile long hike back home through residential areas several cars slowed down as they passed by. When I walked into my driveway I saw a police car go by in the direction from whence I came. It wasn't until that point that I had even realized that I had my gun on display.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries