View Single Post
Old July 5, 2011, 06:48 PM   #13
youngunz4life

I wanted to clarify my very last sentence in my posting (post #7):

Quote:
I guess he has good ptsd and I know this isn't possible, but his mind soaked up that experience more than anything in his entire life! Again, he was an adolescent or a better term is young adult like many soldiers.
more time should've been put in my wording(throughout my entire first post), but I have appreciated the other responses in this thread.

what I was trying to say in the above quote of mine was that the younger brother of my grandmother(may she rest in peace) had no ill effects(that I know of) from those harrowing days he spent in Iwo Jima back when he was a very young adult. He was in the thick of things and almost died multiple times he informed me. He also saw multiple people expire and had to do other things that can cause trauma(deal with dead bodies after the fact, be very fearful and adrenalized for long hours+hours, and so-on). He didn't suffer from PTSD, yet besides the negative effects that PTSD can cause, he seems to have impressed those days on his mind in a very solid plus possibly 'abnormal' manner.

Page generated in 0.02844 seconds with 8 queries