View Single Post
Old July 21, 2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Bud Helms

Well, I just watched all six clips.

I was fascinated and speechless as I watched.

That looks like a nice range. Is it public or private?

1) What was the purpose of the destruction of the target holder? It looked as though the uprights were set in the ground, making me think it was not taken to the range for removal afterwards. Which in turn makes me think it was there when you got to the range. I could be wrong. The question here is, did you destroy a target stand erected by someone else? It looked new. If it was your target stand, I guess it doesn't matter as long as you cleaned up after yourself.

2) I noticed the berms were of no use to you since you were firing into the ground a good percentage of the time, up into the air a couple of times as the muzzle of the bolt gun was brought very close to the target stand and actually off to the side of the range with the handgun. Any idea where those rounds fired upward came down? How about the ones fired into the ground at shallow angles? ANY idea where those bullets went?

3) I also watched the camera man come close to death. "I hope that thing isn't loaded!" "Of course not." Muzzle control in general was nonexistent. Any idea how many people are killed each day with firearms that were known to be unloaded?

4) I never once saw a shot taken at a "target". It was all random shooting at anything in front of the shooter, and sometimes off to the side.

5) What is the purpose of the scope on the Dragunov? You don't need a scope when firing from the waist. For that matter, you don't need a Dragunov for that. Just curious.

All in all, I'd say those clips are evidence of some young people on a range with no training in firearm safety and no education in range etiquette, as in respect for the property of others. Having a good time is not and never has been an excuse for destruction of private property or behavior that endangers another person.

I'm sure you cleaned up after yourselves. No, ... I'm not sure of that at all. That would just not be in character after what watching those clips.

wowthatwasreallycoolandtacticalthanks

Page generated in 0.03031 seconds with 8 queries