View Single Post
Old April 11, 2008, 11:39 AM   #43
The Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusdeus
Every contact if different. Every officer is different. Every shift is different. No hard and fast rule covers all here.
Sure it does. My enumerated rights trump your badge, your attitude, your "feelings" or the rough day your wife gave you.

I am a citizen of the USA, and frankly, I could give a crap about your ego and "command voice."

Give me the ticket, I'll sign it. But save the windmill fuel for somebody who cares.

As for "BS," I've heard it all before, myself. I've heard it on Adam-12, Hawaii 5-0, Full Metal Jacket, CSI...

My "job" as a citizen is not to make the tresspass on my rights an easy job for your shift. Your job is to make community policing conform to the statutues and enumerated rights as written. Unless you have a specially drafted Writ of Mandamus in your BDUs, signed by a judge, giving you magical powers to circumvent The Constitution, save me from the dinner theater.

Treat me with respect, state the charges, give me the ticket to sign.

You will be amazed that I will say "Thank you." I will tell my friends you are a decent cop and you will have built more bridges within the community than twenty Rambos.

Page generated in 0.03637 seconds with 8 queries