View Single Post
Old January 10, 2007, 01:19 AM   #4
maggys drawers

I second Rwilsons advice. I am loading the exact same calibers on a single stage
RCBS RC IV and its all the press I'll ever need. Get some calipers, a scale and dies for each caliber. I prefer to hand prime with a Lee autoprime, rather than use the press to prime- I think the autoprime has a much better feel for when the primer is seated. The RCBS dies I have are for the 38/357 and have a washer that I insert under the die for .357, take it out for .38 loading (it's nice, cause I only had to set the dies up one time, except for minor adjustments in the seater die. I would also suggest a Lee Factory Crimp die for the .45ACP- mine loves it, and have no feeding problems with my reloads.
You will need different powder for the rifles loads than for the pistol loads, but you might be able to get by on one powder for each. I use Varget for the 30-06, Titegroup for the .357 and .45ACP. You will need 3 different primers, small pistol for 38/357, large pistol for the .45 and large rifle for the 30-06.
The most important tip I can give you is read several different books on reloading, digest the material and then read it again...and take your time when you start. If something isn't clear, reread or ask/search on this forum...they are a great bunch of guys here and are very willing to help.

Say goodbye to any spare $$$ you might have, and welcome to the hobby.

Page generated in 0.03319 seconds with 8 queries