View Single Post
Old February 25, 2013, 10:17 AM   #10
SPEMack618

In doing some reading both on here and the rest of the gun friendly interwebz, I've come to the belief that the fight over the term "assualt weapon" has already been lost.

In addition to fighting a loosing, uphill battle againt an entrenched foe(the media), even correcting the terminology wouldn't help us much.

Further more, and this is my pessimism showing, when we make the argument that "the ban will never work, it targets cosmetic features" usually followed by a Mini-14 picture, all that seems to do is further demonize semi-automatic rifles for no gain. By saying that the banned guns would be no different than some of the legal guns, all we are doing is giving the anti-gunners more targets to ban later.

I say ignore that glaring error on behalf of the media in regards to the term "assualt weapon" and focus on making Congress and our State Legislator's understand that the 2nd Amendment means I can have an "assualt weapon" if I want to or an "assualt rifle" if I can afford it.

Page generated in 0.03292 seconds with 8 queries