View Single Post
Old January 23, 2009, 02:19 PM   #15
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

There's no need for a 10GA when you can buy a Mossberg 835 instead. It will shoot just as good since it has the same size backbore .775 barrel. I too shoot 4 shot, but I can tell you turkeys aren't easily knocked down when they fly or at least not to the ground dead where they hit from my findings. My recommendations is not to shoot flying turkeys due that most will get crippled and die. I know that from personal experience.

The guy said he was handicapped, so he wants a gun that is lighter. I'm not big on a short barrel for a turkey gun. I have a Rem 870 Express 21" turkey gun, and the barrel is too short in my opinion. I prefer a 26" barrel at least and a 28" I like even more. My findings from shooting a short barrel gun vs a longer barrel one to a point is that the longer barrel ones will have a tendency to shoot a little better. Now that is not my opinion, but my findings from comparing different guns on cardboard shot at various distances and with different brands of factory turkey loads with various size loads and shot sizes and that is including choke tubes as well. I have done a lot of trurkey load testing over the years and can tell you what works and what doesn't. I'm not claiming to be an expert, but just sharing actual knowledge of testing I have done.

Last edited by Brad Clodfelter; January 23, 2009 at 02:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.03915 seconds with 8 queries