View Single Post
Old May 20, 2013, 05:34 AM   #20
Dadsgirl

Fishing Cabin, thank you for the links-- I took a quick look right now and they are definitely worth reading over. After talking it over with step-mom and dad's friend, we are strongly leaning towards an auction. I was told by the friend that there is a big one coming up that is reputable. We just need to go over the details more carefully.

Cleaned out the garage today and found several gun-smithing kits and tools including one new in box, ammunition, another gun, and other related stuff. I'm giving it all to dad's buddy to see if it is sellable. Also found all his HAM radio gear today. (Anyone have ideas what to do with it?? It's all rather circa 1980's . .) but anyway back to topic . . .

I know how much dad loved his firearms and I'm sad in a way to part with it because it was a part of him. But I *know* we have no use for it and someone else will enjoy them very much.

And, I found a priceless (to me) box of his childhood treasures including some cub scout stuff, marbles and rocks, and civil war ammo he found as a child playing in the forest in VA. THat's more valuable to me than these firearms.

Page generated in 0.02021 seconds with 8 queries