View Single Post
Old March 11, 2013, 04:09 PM   #24
David White

Is my range not normal?

The range I use (currently) has no RO and you can pretty much shoot what you want.
Last year they ruled that you could not rapid fire any weapon. I didn't know that at the time and I was shooting multiple rounds on a B27 target, rapidly.
The guy next to me was throwing the stink eye until I finally asked if he had something he wanted to say to me.
He admonished my rapid fire and threatened to report my behavior. To whom I have no clue as there are no RO's to be found.
I told him that if one cannot "rapid fire", how does one simulate a defensive scenario? He had no answer for that and I told him to go ahead and report me. I continued with what I was doing.
This range is outdoors. It has ZERO staff on hand. It has ZERO safety precautions. Members "police" themselves, period.
It's also way out in the sticks and I will add that bad things feel like they could happen at any time, ( injury, assault, theft, vandalism). It does not give one a feeling of safety and serenity! I've seen drinking at the firing line and all manner of horse play!

So, on one hand, you do pretty much what you please. On the other hand, if trouble breaks out, you are DEEP in the sticks and you are on your own!

Page generated in 0.02465 seconds with 8 queries