View Single Post
Old November 23, 2011, 09:16 AM   #17
Dino.

Quote:
Dino

I`ve been doing some thinking on the Allen screw issue and I have this idea that they designed this as a method of guaranteeing that at some point in the future the take down shaft [ forgot its name at the moment] that goes through the slide will not lose its integrity, the slide is not made out of ordinance steel and that shaft takes a beating in lock up and removal through time so in as much as I still don`t care for the Allen screw I think it adds to the soundness of the design. Anyway I`m no longer totally against it. haha as if that matters.

I think the Sig or Colt are nice guns I haven`t got the chance to see the Sig, have you? I`m wondering about the finish, Sig has very good finishes for its guns and even though the gun isn`t made by them I`m sure they had some say as to what the finish would be, the Colt looks nice, I`m going to make a attempt to find a Sig so I can see first hand before I make the final decision.
While reading up on the Sig/GSG, I learned of some issues with barrel bushings and guide rods breaking. From what I understand, Sig/GSG has sent out replacement guide rods made of steel to replace of the original plastic ones, and steel barrel bushings to replace the original "alloy" bushing.
So I called Sig "customer service" this morning to inquire about these issues and spoke to a representative named "John". John basically denied there were any issues with the 1911-22 and sorta danced around questions regarding the upgraded steel parts. Maybe that is how they are trained to handle questions. I don't know. But I will say that my first and only expereince with Sig "customer service" didn't exactly leave me feeling "warm and fuzzy".

As a result, I'll be looking a little harder at the Colt.
And if I do decide to go with the Sig, I will definately make sure it has been upgraded with the new parts prior to purchasing it, in hopes that I'll never have to deal with their "customer service".

Page generated in 0.03278 seconds with 8 queries