View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 12:21 PM   #12
Gary L. Griffiths

I sent a rather detailed e-mail to my representative and both senators proposing that rifles and armored vests be strategically positioned in secure lockers throughout school campuses, with trained volunteer teachers and staff having keys. Here is the response I received from Sen. Hutchinson:

Quote:
Dear Friend:
Thank you for contacting me regarding the terrible tragedy in Connecticut. Like all Americans, my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

As our whole nation grieves, we wait for more information about the killer's motives and means. We all want to do something to halt such senseless killings, but the question is always what law could have stopped an individual apparently so determined to commit such violent and destructive acts.

I join you in the hope that we never again encounter such a tragedy and will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

Sincerely,
Kay Bailey Hutchison
United States Senator
At least someone on her staff recognized that it was about Sandy Hook!
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 8 queries