View Single Post
Old April 7, 2012, 10:52 AM   #6
Slamfire

I am so surprised. Imperial sizing wax is one of the better sizing lubricants. I seldom use it as it takes long to apply. I apply Imperial sizing wax with my fingers. Mink oil shoe polish feels like the same stuff and works equally well.

I use RCBS water soluble in my small base dies of .223, 308 and 30-06. I put a number of drops on a patch and let roll with the cases in a Thumler's Thumbler barrel.

If I do not get enough lube on the cases I have come close to sticking a case. I then re tumble them with a bit more lube.

My normal problem is too much lube. I often wipe the case neck/shoulders with a paper towel to prevent shoulder dents.

I suspect you did not have enough lubricant, especially as these cases had been shot in your M1a. Unless M1a chambers have gotten large, which is possible, I don't know why you had such resistance to going in the die.

My bolt rifle gunsmith told me Krieger was using a reamer that was extra large in the case head, to reduce slamfires in their M1a barrels. Maybe you got one of those?

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries