View Single Post
Old August 24, 2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Lost Sheep

Instead of auto-indexing, how about semi-auto?

Instead of auto-indexing, how about semi-auto?

If I tired of using the auto-indexing on my Lee Turret, I would do this (to be able to still use continuous processing instead of batch processing):

Cut a ring of masonite or something to drop over the turret such that there were four "ears" sticking out over the turret ring and some lugs on the inside of the masonite ring that would engage the dies.

Each time the operating arm of the press is at the top of the stroke (and the ram at the bottom of its stroke), my hand is very close to the turret and it would be very easy to push one of the four "ears" and rotate the turret manually 90 degrees.

This would require minimal shift of the hand position and loading would not be slowed down very much.

If the masonite ring was made correctly, the dies would be protected from being knocked out of adjustment.

For a more permanent soluton with would not involve touching the dies at all, you could cut little notches in a turret, the masonite ring could engage those notches.

Call it an "Advancing Ring". It could even be attached to the turret "puck" with machine screws if you drilled and tapped holes for it.

Just a thought.

Lost Sheep

Page generated in 0.02398 seconds with 8 queries