View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013, 01:23 AM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

I belive you are incorrect on two points, but perhaps Conn. Trooper can clarify:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daugherty16
A CT pistol certificate allows a person (who goes about 80% of the way through the permit process but stops just short) to purchase a pistol and take it at the time of purchase to their place of residence or business, but there it stays. The law possibly, but not explicitly, allows them to transport it locked/unloaded to a practice facility.
The certificate of eligibility absolutely does NOT in any way allow for transport to a range ... irrespective of locked and unloaded. The statute is very clear that if you don't have a carry permit you are allowed to transport only to a gun shop for sale, to or from a gunsmith for repair, or between your home and YOUR place of business.

Quote:
No other person may purchase or possess a pistol in CT with the exception of someone participating in a sanctioned competition, but then the interrstate transportation rules apply before and after.
The law says nothing about possession. If I lived in Vermont and had an "arsenal" of 25 handguns and 50 long guns, I could relocate my residence to Connecticut, bring ALL those guns with me, and as long as I kept them in my house I would not be in violation of any laws.

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries