View Single Post
Old January 19, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3
jetboater

I have 3 Rohrbaugh R9s---Great pistols! I've put almost 1000 rounds thru one of them and other than cleaning it, I've just replaced the recoil spring ($4.99 from Rohrbaugh) every couple of hundred rounds.

It eats all ammo (I use WWB or Blazer at the range) and carry it with Gold Dots.

Never had a FTF or FFE with it--- recoil is a bit stout but manageable --- it's the smallest 9mm made so some recoil is to be expected.

It's specifically designed with the Euro mag release so it's as slim and foolproof as possible-- a euro mag release can't be accidentally released when in your pocket or by your hand when you draw but is a bit slower to change---I don't carry extra mags so quick mag changes aren't important for me. I figure 7 rounds of 9mm is more than is needed in most self defense situations--- if I think I'd need more, I'll carry something else.

I actually used one to take my CCW class (200 rounds over a 45 minute timeframe) and had to do a lot of mag changes and it worked out well. We had to hit a torso/head from varying distances of 7-20 feet--strong hand, weak hand, two hand, etc. I shot 199/200 with it (160 was passing).

Never held or fired a Boberg but was on Arnie's email list for several years as the pistol was developed and decided against buying one because its bigger and heavier than the R9--- don't have anything against them and folks who have both say the Boberg's recoil is much less and it's kinda big for front pocket carry for most folks. But the design is intriguing!

There's a great forum for Rohrbaugh owners----

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/

I don't think you can go wrong with either one--- I just like the smaller R9.

Last edited by jetboater; January 19, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Page generated in 0.04215 seconds with 8 queries