View Single Post
Old March 27, 2011, 10:42 PM   #49
EdInk

CRAP AMMO! Try running them through the Sig a second time. Also, just because a magazine works in one gun doesn't mean it will in another one. Buy some good Bulgarian waffle magazines. You have a $1500 rifle and $10 gunshow special magazines loaded with Berdan primed steel cased ammo. You don't put 87octane in a Porsche and take it to Jiffy Lube for an oil change. Garbage In Garbage Out.

I own a Sig556 Classic and will tell you from PERSONAL experience not just internet hearsay, it is a great rifle. The only thing that is even close in terms of quality is the SCAR.

I don't doubt that the rifle you tested had problems. However, there were some serious issues with the testing of it. This is why I never buy a gun, car or just about anything during it's first production run. They NEVER have all the bugs worked out no matter who makes it. This was the case with the regular 556 and apparently the 556R. (Of course, even the fanboys know know how wonderful early ARs worked. Heck.... they have a "forward assist" on them now for crying out loud. Just sayin.')

Page generated in 0.02489 seconds with 8 queries