View Single Post
Old November 21, 2009, 06:59 AM   #5
shortwave

Rantingredneck, glad you reposted your incident. Many lessons to be learned from what happened to you. I`ve got a neighbor young man thats spent the last 7-8 yrs in a wheelchair from a fall out of a wooden tree stand when he was 13 yrs old. The boy really loves to turkey hunt and one spot he can get to in his wheelchair is a pine ridge running through the middle of my property. Few years ago he called and asked if he could hunt there. Thats how I met him. I`d heard different stories of his accident but here`s the scoop from him. His fall was from 12ft. A rotten wooden step, screwed to a tree gave way while climbing tree. Being in a hurry to get to the wooden platorm 18ft above he had his fully loaded shotgun slung over his shoulder while climbing. He landed on his shoulder/neck area breaking his neck/back. Luckily the shotgun didn`t go off. Here`s the kicker. He had cut school and layed in the woods all day till older brother got off work and decided to go hunting about 2 in the afternoon. Whats more amazing is this family owns about 100 acres littered with deer stands and the brother chose this stand to go to. The boys got use of his arms but will remain in a wheelchair the rest of his life.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries