View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 08:38 PM   #32
WildBill45

Quote:
Sure, there are many current and former military/law enforcement personnel who have received advanced training and are also well-versed in civilian firearms. But there are also a lot of those who don't have advanced training and haven't studied up on civilian firearms at all, yet present themselves as firearms experts just because of their military/law enforcement experience.
I agree.

Let me tell where I sit before I tell you where I stand ... I am retired L.E. and cops today are less knowledgeable in firearms than the Old Breed. There is a small group in every department who are well versed in the subject, but they seek further knowledge and take extra training, and do their own research and practice. I competed in the World Police and Fire Games, and this group of cops is very skilled and knowledgeable in the gun world.

A lot of the new hires are folks who never fired a gun, been in a fight, or experienced marriage or a domestic dispute!

"If Ands and Buts were Candy and Nuts, everyday would be like Christmas"

Last edited by WildBill45; December 14, 2012 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add a word, take out a letter

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries