View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1
johnwilliamson062

Xbow Purchase Countdown

Put this off and mulled it over as long as I could, but if I don't buy this weekend I am going to put it off until next year or wait for a crazy good deal on craigslist.

As far as budget, my seasonal contract ended on 10/19, so I really need to keep this inside budget. I'll probably get more work in the next few weeks and I have the money to hold over that period with ease, but want to minimize expenses in the time being. Before you criticize the purchase, I am hoping I can use the crossbow to get out a bit and meet some people while I am practicing at my local club and out hunting. Also another thing I might have in common with anyone interviewing me. Plus the greatest enemy of the unemployed is boredom sitting at home.

Keep in mind this is an absolute starter utilitarian tool. I will probably only use it three years at most as my primary crossbow. If I still want to bow hunt I will get a much better one at that point and this will be relegated to back-up & new hunter loaner duty. I still want one that if stored correctly will last a while so i can use it for those purposes. Probably one of the reverse draw ones.
Narrowed it to two options:
150-lb. Summit HD

Arrow Precision Inferno Blitz II

I think the Blitz II is sufficient, but the price difference on the Summit is so small it has me considering it. I am comfortable with both considering reviews on Amazon and a few other sites.

Horton is a big name, does anyone have experience with their warranty?
It seems about as good as the one I got with my wife's engagement ring: "If none of the prongs are damaged..."
Of course, Arrow Precisions link to their warranty info is not very insightful either. I interpret that failure as indication of what I can expect from a warranty.
My general experience with warranties is warranty service usually costs more and is more problematic than not.

Last edited by johnwilliamson062; November 2, 2012 at 07:07 PM.

Page generated in 0.02885 seconds with 8 queries