View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 05:06 AM   #12
WC145

There's a sign on the wall of practically every boxing gym in America that reads "THE MORE YOU TRAIN, THE LESS YOU BLEED". Perhaps they should start hanging them at shooting ranges as well.

I've been shooting IDPA and action pistol for a few years now (usually with my duty gun and gear) and that extra trigger time has made a big difference in my overall gun handling skills. I'm faster on the draw, faster on target, more accurate, and more confident, even with my patrol rifle. I gauge myself against other officers that I've trained and qualified with for years, good shooters but none of whom compete, and where we used to be close in time and accuracy, I'm now much faster and more accurate. Also, a lot of guys are good shots but have trouble with their draw, mag changes, and clearing malfunctions, I don't really have to think about those things, the repetitive practice has made them second nature.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper

Last edited by WC145; August 30, 2012 at 05:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.03600 seconds with 8 queries