Thread: 9mm reloads
View Single Post
Old August 17, 2011, 05:42 PM   #3
BigJimP

Berry's are pretty good bullets ..but they're still plated.

A true jacketed bullet - is typically more consistent ...bullet to bullet ...( if you grab a handful and weigh them individually ) but they're more expensive to manufacture ---so typically they're a little more expesnive.

In the plated bullet market --- I think Berry's are some of the best ...and I've shot a lot of them ( but you can't push them over 1200 fps - and their website says don't do it ... )

from Berry's website on Frequently asked questions ...and on velocity ...
" .... Velocities depend on the caliber, but as a rule of thumb, we recommend you don't shoot our plated bullets over 1200 feet-per-second. Our 44's actually shoot best around 1150 fps. 45's are generally good at 850-900 fps. Our bullets are not recommended for magnum velocities ....".

...and I do find in my guns that true jacketed bullets --- Montana Gold or whatever brand you like ...are a little more accurate.

99% of the time, most of us reload for practice and range time ...and since the cost of the bullet is most of the cost in your ammo - we go with whatever we find is the most reasonably priced. I like Berry's bullets ...but I like Montana Gold better ...and buying Montana Gold in case lots ...makes them very competitive in most calibers ...so I tend to stay with them.

I consider Hornady a premium jacketed bullet ...but I don't use many of them.../ I stay with what's worked for me in the past - and that's Montana Gold .

Page generated in 0.03542 seconds with 8 queries