View Single Post
Old May 6, 2006, 03:37 PM   #47
Rich Lucibella
Staff

Jerry-
You're right, I do have the last word; your offer to martyr yourself on the Godless policies of TFL (to which you agreed), notwithstanding.

You've already been instructed that morality is not identical to religion for most. In fact, the finest religious scholars in the history of the world have made that very distinction, from treatise to simple instruction like "Give to Caesar that which belongs to Caesar". A moral obligation is not always a religious obligation except for those who consider their every act to be directed by their God. Nothing unhealthy about living your life that way...it's your life; mine is mine. I simply won't allow people to put it on a billboard when Staff pays for and works to maintain the space. Get a blog.

OK?

Quote:
I intend to always do such until banned, which I expect to be, but I had rather state the truth than belong to any forum. I realize this is your house and you make the rules, but I do not intend to compromise my discussions as I believe this type is important to the overall good of the nation.
In that case, I'll suggest that you voluntarily take your leave of us. It would be immoral to demand an audience for your personal views in a man's living room, when you agreed to abide by his limits to the range of discussion and he has asked you to cease and desist.

Rich Lucibella
Hardly a religious scholar; proudly Jesuit educated from age 18 thru 24

Page generated in 0.03843 seconds with 8 queries