View Single Post
Old May 3, 2012, 10:28 AM   #82
Spats McGee
Staff

I haven't had time to review that thread in depth, but I will try to do so by day's end. It does appear to contain information of which I was unaware. Thanks for the link, as I'm always interested in learning more about this type of legal issue.

However, based on what I have read about the Bias case, which has been basically everything I have been able to find, it is my understanding that the GSR evidence from testing Bias' handloads was excluded, at least from the first trial. From the link that you posted, in Mas Ayoob's January 6, 2012, 07:07 PM post, he writes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas Ayoob
The inescapable elephant in the room is, we have a case on point -- NJ v. Bias -- in which testing of the loads the handloader said were in the gun was not accepted.
Perhaps I should have phrased it thus: Exclusion of evidence based on testing of a shooter's handloads is entirely consistent with my knowledge of the rules and principles of evidence.

That, however, was not the subject of this thread. Handloads and custom guns are both potentially problematic for the shooter, but potentally problematic in different ways.

Page generated in 0.02754 seconds with 8 queries