View Single Post
Old May 15, 2011, 12:15 PM   #8
Mac's!

I use a Mollybdenum Disulfide based dry lube mixed with a small amount of "wet" oil. I use a lot of it during reassembly. Ok ok! I use a whole lot of it during reassembly. It's thin enough that it penetrates well into the internal areas. Yes, it's messy when it's wet but get's better after most of the "wet" has evaporated. I do it that way to help the moving parts to burnish with each other. However, I always tell (verbally & written) the Customer to wipe off the excess prior to firing it and then clean it like normal afterwards.

A local Deputy apparently couldn't follow verbal and written instructions. In fact, he must have understood to add grease after every firing! It's yearly qualifications and his pistol doesn't work. Not only will it not fire the round that's in it but the slide won't even move. It's packed with white lithium grease that had mixed with firing residue and turned into glue! I wasn't there to see his face but the somebody told me about it. He said the range master started screaming in his ear "Bang! Bang! You're dead!".

For newly finished firearms, I mix the wet oil with the dry oil. On my own personal firearms, I use only the dry lubricant. I don't have to worry about rust because all of my stuff is finished with our finish so only the internals need any lube. Keep yer powder dry, Mac.
Tuff-Gun Finishes. The Name Says It All.
Mac's Shootin' Irons
http://www.shootiniron.com

Page generated in 0.03930 seconds with 8 queries