Thread: CZ 97b
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2007, 09:24 PM   #17
Walt Sherrill

Uf you're referencing the two failures mentioned above, keep in mind that one of those failures wasn't a CZ-97B... It was a Witness Sport Long Slide in .45. And a relatively low mileage one, at that.

Peter had a unique problem. (I remember it now, and remember seeing the photos.)

That is the ONLY barrel failure I've heard of with a CZ. The failure with my Witness was unique, too -- I don't think that either one was in any way representative of the guns that either company sells.

What was really unique about the Witness failure, for me, was that it didn't really feel all or sound all that strange or unusual -- got some gas flash back, which (to my thinking) implied a failed casing. I couldn't find it, however (Or couldn't see it among many at the range.).

I cleared the gun, made sure there was no obstruction in the barrel, and was about to load another round. But thought about it and didn't do something stupid, for a change. Instead, I stripped the gun, and found the mess shown above in the photo above.

Page generated in 0.02121 seconds with 8 queries