View Single Post
Old January 13, 2013, 07:36 AM   #11
hounddawg

I am pretty much convinced at this point it is the indian not the arrow but I just double checked my crimp. Running a case through the seating dies I get .377 - .378 while a crimped case is around .373 - .374. Case wall thickness is .011 plus or minus .001 so with a bullet diameter of .355 + .020 for the case walls I don't think I am crushing the bullet at all.

The groove diameter of .355 along with a bullet diameter of .355 has me mildly concerned but I was getting good velocities of 1000 - 1100 FPS on that load workup. Wish I had saved the numbers now but the groups were so bad I did not bother. However SD's were around 20 - 30 as near as I can recall.

I am going to head to the range later if I get my "honey do's" done this morning and just do some freehand practice at 15 to 25 yards using some various powders and bullets and see how it goes. Might even try some benching w/o the chrono to see how it goes but if I can get 3 - 4 inch groups consistently freehand I wont even bother with the bench stuff.

I did some reading up on pistol bench techniques and am pretty sure

Page generated in 0.03459 seconds with 8 queries