View Single Post
Old October 31, 2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Adirondack

DaveyG wrote:
Quote:
Hey Adirondack I assume by your user name and hints that you don't live near Fresno (in your other thread where someone accused you of possibly working for Sturdy) are you in the Northeastern part of the country and what was the freight cost?
Yeah it's funny how quickly you get accused for working for someone if you have something good to say about them. It makes me wonder if there are people working for some other manufacturers/distributors trying to undermine your comments.

As for shipping, I think it was just a flat rate for anywhere in the continental US (I could be wrong though but it wasn't that bad) and like JohnnyP, I paid the additional 50 bucks to have it delivered to my house. The thing about their "drop off" service, it is truly just that drop off; as soon as it hits the your driveway, it's your problem. I didn't have a problem with that because I knew if I had to I could borrow equipment from work to get it where it needed to go if needed; fortunately, the driver I had was cool and helped me get the safe into my garage (I gave him a 40 buck tip.)

I have looked at Amsec safes (only through research though I must admit.) Amsec's BF series seems like a quality product to me from the specs and that would probably be my starting point as a comparable product to Sturdy Safe. There is someone here who sells Amsec safes (Frank is his first name I think but I can't remember his username.) He is very knowledgeable on the subject and I'm sure could help you out if you decide to go that way.

Last edited by Adirondack; October 31, 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Page generated in 0.02423 seconds with 8 queries