View Single Post
Old March 5, 2013, 02:38 PM   #9
lcpiper

I doubt that it will ever be worth any more money then it is today, which isn't much. But a young man on a tight budget may not have much nor wish to invest a great deal on casual pursuits.

If you go back to the first gunsmith, as said above, he is probably trying to save you from throwing good money after bad. Ask him pointedly;

Can the RR be repaired?
Will it be worth it for proper repairs?
Would there be a short cut to the repairs that is more economical?

If his answer to the first question is no, either accept his answer or go find another gunsmith, but don't ask any more questions he is done answering them.

A good new Ruger Single-Six is around $450 or so, deals can be found. If the repair costs are remotely close to this then the only possible reason to pursue it would be for true sentimental value.

As for the third question. Maybe lock tight would work maybe not. None of use have examined the gun. Again, if he answers no, just drop it cause he really doesn't want to do it or really believes it can't be done.

I think this is what I am hearing from the others.

Page generated in 0.02457 seconds with 8 queries