View Single Post
Old June 16, 2011, 11:23 AM   #11
fastlead

As stated above, most semi-autos are pretty reliable. I have owned plenty of them. The old Remington model 550 was a rifle that allowed you to shoot shorts, longs and long rifles all without any changes to rifle. They worked pretty well. I am not familiar with any other semi that would do that. They used what was referred to as a floating chamber. The remington nylon 66's were very reliable, for sure. I still have an almost new one that never fails. Have a Weatherby XXII that has never had a jam. It is the most accurate semi I have ever shot. Winchester's model 63 was pretty reliable with good ammo. Marlin model 60's are amazing for the price they used to sell for. They do require a complete tear-down and cleaning every few years. Replace a few parts and they are good to go for another 10,000 rounds. I never had much luck with Stevens models. Never owned a Ruger. Mossbergs will run O.K. if you keep them clean. I have found that semis require more cleaning than any other action. That includes center fires, also.....John

Page generated in 0.03446 seconds with 8 queries