View Single Post
Old October 21, 2005, 12:33 PM   #16
swmike

Perhaps the only true "Experts" out there are the ones that have had to prove their skills and have survived. Everyone else is just a "Theoretical Expert".

For the purposes of this Poll, in my opinion, an expert is one who has training and experience in the field he is proclaimed to be an expert in. He/she should continually train and practice. An expert "Paper Puncher" may not due well in a tactical situation so more than "bullseye" training is necessary.

Whether Military or LEO is a good question. Both bring different skills to the arena. Different battlefields require different skills.

Something that has always bothered me is the opening question "What makes an Gun Expert". I question the qualifications of many of the "Certified Instructors" I have encountered. Too many are "Legends in their own minds".
I prefer to learn from those that have "Been there and Done that". It was their skill(s) that kept them alive and maybe I can learn enough of them to do the same for me if it ever becomes necessary.

Magazine writers and the like are not the ones I look to.

"In God we trust, all others are suspects."

"If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, either I won't need any more, or more won't be of any help".

Page generated in 0.03197 seconds with 8 queries