View Single Post
Old September 8, 2009, 09:04 PM   #33
pax

BikerRN ~

The general rule of thumb for members is simply this: if you think your post is over the line for TFL's standards, it probably is. You can edit it to tone it down. It's quite possible to express strong opinions without resorting to outright rudeness. ("Think twice, post once" - can't remember which mod has that as a sig line, but it's a good idea for most of us.)

As for the idea you're expressing: I get it! But I also think Richard Davis would disagree with you. He used to regularly demonstrate his faith in his products in the most vivid possible way. You might say he stood behind his work...

DTGuy ~

Richard Davis' example notwithstanding, I don't believe that deliberately using one's partner as a backstop would be approved by any LEA policy or by any department trainers I've ever heard of. Even if that were not the case, too much could go too badly haywire: if the situation is moving so rapidly that you must shoot, it's probably moving too rapidly to direct your shots with that degree of precision. It would really suck to miss the vest by 1/2 inch.

Your first idea was better: move in aggressively and do what you need to do to end the situation. And remember that the ground makes a better backstop than your partner does.

pax

Page generated in 0.02642 seconds with 8 queries