Thread: Run and Gun?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2001, 09:21 PM   #6
Glamdring

Art: You mention shaving a few seconds off as possibly making the difference between life and death. I am not sure where you mean to shave/save time?

I know lots of people spend time on speed or quick draw. But from what I have been able to learn the critical time usually involves stuff more like the OODA loop than how fast one can draw & shoot.

Under practice and real life I have noticed it is much easier to do one thing at a time under stress than trying to do two or three [drawing or seeking cover; giving first aid or calling for paramedics]. Usually if I stay focused on one item at a time I can get them done smoother and faster than if I try to save time by doing several things at once. So I have learned to do first things first. And the "first things" list should be as short as possible so they get done fast.

I think the important part about Cooper's Color code is that it formulizes the decision making process for social situations and aids in streamlining thought & responses to a threat. My [simplified] understanding of Cooper's doctrine is that you only have to decide if threat is real. If it is then the response is front sight...trigger...press.

Page generated in 0.03645 seconds with 8 queries