View Single Post
Old September 17, 2013, 09:22 AM   #3
pilothunter

I have owned a CZ 550 in 9.3x62 and now own the 9.3x74R, which is a ballistic twin and in a double rifle. I have used the Prvi Partizan 285gr in 9.3x62 to take a good sized Ky buck and recovered that bullet after it traveled thru about 3' of deer on a quartering away shot. I would use that bullet for typical black bear hunting, but would not use it for grizzly after my experience with it and seeing the recovered bullet.

I would actually suggest two different loads for elk & grizzly. The two I now have for my 9.3x74R are a 250gr Accubond (flies fairly flat for longer ranges) and a 286gr Hornady Interlock (or similar) for grizzly. There are a number of good 285/286gr loads out there with good quality bullets and I'd think they would all work well. If you take a quick look at Midway's site, they are having a sale right now on some very good quality Norma ammo (along with some others). FWIW, the 285/286gr loads have the same SD (actually a slight bit better) as a 300gr .375 H&H.

If you wanted to use just one load for both, I'd choose to use the heavier 285/286gr loads with a quality bullet, myself. Good luck!

Page generated in 0.02243 seconds with 8 queries