View Single Post
Old January 2, 2016, 01:00 AM   #1
Hunter1994

Help! stuck between Glock 17 and 21 gen 4's

I am currently stuck between a Glock 17 and 21 gen 4 and only have the funds for one right now (plus a good set of night sights and other things I prefer on my handguns). I recently got rid of my M&P .40 because I want to stick with more standard pressure loads. I do not want to start a caliber war but I am very impressed with modern 9mm loadings and I edc a G19.

This gun will be used for home defense, woods carry (I live in Ga so nothing too crazy), range use, training and shtf. I have never owned a 45 and have been debating it for awhile but have been a bit turned off by higher ammo prices (I am a college student with full time job but don't want to be spending all my money on .45 ammo because I shoot often)

I just wanted to get as many opinions as I can on which I should choose. I love the modern 9mm ballistics, capacity, light recoil, avalability (NATO cartridge) and cost effectiveness but I feel like I would be splitting hairs getting a slightly larger 17 when I have a 19. I know the 21 is a sweet shooting gun and I think the .45 is a good round as well. Is it worth the extra money to pick up a .45?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions. Thanks again,
-Hunter

Last edited by Hunter1994; January 2, 2016 at 01:11 AM.

Page generated in 0.02564 seconds with 8 queries