View Single Post
Old March 17, 2010, 10:16 AM   #22
Syntax360

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetzakilla
Never believe negative feedback that you find randomly on the internet. Until it starts to outnumber positive by 10 to 1 or more, there's really no point in trusting it.
You don't have to trust me, but I photographed and documented my GunVault troubles and would present it to the OP for consideration...

That metal cable is a poor design, plain and simple. Stick to something mechanical - it will cost more, but at least you can count on it to work (at least more so than the poorly conceived electronic variants).

In the interest of full disclosure, I did fabricate my on fix that is still working a few years later:

I do not, however, rely on my GunVault - I have plenty of other options if immediate need for a firearm arises (I do not have any children, so that is a luxury still available).

I have noticed that my GunVault occasionally does not open after I punch in the combination - it clicks, but remains locked. A second try (usually preceded by a spirited tap on the door) opens it right up. I am not sure (or really concerned) with why this happens - perhaps my batteries need replacement, or the door may be sticking for some known reason.

Page generated in 0.03303 seconds with 8 queries