View Single Post
Old January 6, 2009, 01:00 AM   #41
Socrates

I ended up with ammo, and no rifle.

My debit account was charged by some scam magazine company 4 times, right after the first. To get the bank to back the filing, I had to cancel the debit card, and, that was the number that was used to charge my rifle with Samco. As of today, the 1/6/09, they had still not charged an order placed on 12/13/08

I'm currently waiting for a new card from the bank. NOT fun.

For what it's worth, all of this happened thanks to a bizrate.com computer card buy. As close as I can remember,
they had a 'surveyscam' where you had to deselect a bunch of magazines, or, you auto get free mags, and, as of the first, are then signed up for the mags they pick.

I canceled out of the survey, but, I suspect by placing the order, in the 'legal agreement' that I thought pretained to the actual items I selected, I some how gave them authorization for their scam.

If they send you the magazines, you can't return them.
Post office won't go for that.

You can try and call them, but, it took about 2 hours to finally get through their bull.
They promised to return the money. Sure. Checked the statement the next day, and, rather then a refund, they added another 44.00 charge to my account.

The charges show up as, for example
TWX*n2KSXN*SI MAGAZINE 800-205-9198

The 4 charge around over 100 dollars. If they sent out such charges to enough people, they could have a short term loan, for as much as they want, since the legal system would take forever to catch them, and, with debit cards, they actually have your money, at least for about the 2 weeks it takes for the bank to credit it back. Also, it took about 2 hours at WAMU for a manager to finally get through and file the report. WHAT a pain.

Page generated in 0.02249 seconds with 8 queries