View Single Post
Old September 14, 2005, 09:22 PM   #74
Guns Is Are Da Good

Just wanted to clear up a little misguidance about shotguns, and their accuracy. People most often believe that shotguns loaded with slugs are accurate only up to 20 yards or so. And that perhaps, the greatest ones can produce accurate groups at 50 yards. This is not at all true. I live in Indiana. I am an avid hunter of many things including whitetail deer. Indiana is a shotgun state. You cannot hunt with centerfire rifles. My choice in arms is a Remington Model 1100 with the Vent Rib 28'' modified barrel for squirrel and such. I used an ithaca with a 30'' full choke for the longest, but am more impressed with what the 28" modified does using propper ammo, such as winchesters supreame line. For deer, I use a Remington Model 11-87 with a full rifled slug barrel. Recent innovations made by many manufactures, Remington at the top I would say, have made shotguns be able to give rifle like performance at the longest distance any hunter aside from those that hunt the vast plains ect, would need. Just to give you an example, check out the spec's on Remingtons New Core Lokt Ultra Bonded. Now there's your defense round. http://www.remington.com/ammo/shotsh...rsabotslug.htm

Page generated in 0.03308 seconds with 8 queries