View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 02:31 PM   #9
The Long Shot

Quote:
The SCAR is not an "accurate" rifle in my opinion but that's not really its purpose. When I finally get my .308 caliber AR it will have an 18" or 20" barrel and it will shoot sub 1" groups at 100 yards. The results of this test are somewhat shocking to me. Thanks for the thread.

Heck, I can get 1" groups out of my RRA Entry Tactical (16" barrel) with stock Hornady Predator ammo and a 3x9 Conquest. I can't wait to see what can be done with a nicely setup .308.
What part of it is somewhat shocking to you?

Quote:
What do you think about the LAR-8 with the 20" barrel?
I've never owned a LAR-8, but they are supposed to be quite accurate; the one I shot was. If you're going to get a 20" barrel I'd get one with a free floated heavy profile barrel. The LAR-8 is about all proprietary though. It uses imperial FAL magazines. It's receivers aren't interchangeable with AR-10, DPMS, or SR-25 type receivers. It uses a proprietary barrel nut. If you don't use the right mags you have feeding issues, but RRA makes their own polymer mags.

Now for the confusing part: DPMS pattern rifles use DPMS pattern receivers, SR-25 pattern barrel nuts, and SR-25 magazines; SR-25 pattern rifles use SR-25 pattern mags, SR-25 receivers, and SR-25 barrel nuts; Armalite rifles use all AR-10 pattern parts; RRA pattern .308s use RRA barrel nuts, RRA receivers, and imperial FAL magazines. Most .308 ARs use SR-25 pattern barrel nuts and magazines; but use DPMS pattern receivers. To add to the confusion some companies used to make a different pattern rifle than they do now.

Last edited by The Long Shot; March 10, 2013 at 08:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries