View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 01:45 AM   #15
tahunua001

ok buddy unlike the other guys I'll give you specific information on your two guns
the XDM is a beautiful design. it manages recoil very well, has a lifetime warranty, has a very nice trigger as far as polymer pistols go, is very accurate, is very durable and will eat any ammo you put in it. I have the XDM in 45 acp and it has less recoil than a glock 22...louder noise but less recoil. as far as simplicity, I have yet to see a pistol that disassembles as easily as an XDM, you just lock the slide back, flip the disassembly lever up and release the slide and presto, gun field stripped.

the taurus has a manual safety, the XDM does not, all of the safeties on the XDM are automatically disengaged during intentional firing.

the taurus has a very long trigger pull, XDM is about average for service pistols

ergonomics is going to be very subjective but I believe the XDM has better ergos.

the taurus has 17+1 ammo cap, the XDM has 19+1 ammo cap.

the taurus has a DA/SA trigger while the XDM is closer to a Single action only(springfield classifies it as a striker fired trigger since it does not fall into either single or double action criteria).

the taurus is 28 OZ, the XDM is 32 oz.

taurus has developed a very poor reputation over the years for shoddy workmanship and poor quality control. I cant speak for them in recent years but I know that from the very beginning the XDM has been 100% quality.

hope this helps.

Page generated in 0.02260 seconds with 8 queries