View Single Post
Old April 4, 2009, 12:28 PM   #10
MagnumWill

I'd say keep looking, unless it's an absolutely gorgeous specimen. I wouldn't pay that much even if it was a hex reciever. but I can't stress this enough:

LOOK ON GUNBROKER!!!

I picked up my 1934 Tula Hex receiver with a flawless laminate stock, pristine blue and squeaky clean barrel (and it's not a CAI gun, either!) for 75.00. Yep-75 bucks. ( The guy thought the stock was damaged/repaired, but it's just the toe splice the Soviets did so they could conserve material.) Couldn't be happier.

Sure, you've got to get a copy of your dealer's FFL (Transfer fee is like $30 bucks for the gun, but hey). It's real hard not to throw down the money NOW and get the gun NOW, so i could shoot it NOW, and enjoy it NOW, but when you get the gun you're looking for and you've still got $100 bucks to spend on a new case for it, ammo, whatnot... that's the way to do it.

Oh- and hunting... they'll have no problem with deer. I've heard stories of people taking elk with them. Plus, if you really want to keep it original but get it to shoot better- Free-float the barrel. Shoots better, and no one will notice.

Then your friends are like "you paid WHAT for it!? I spent that much on the case for my gun!" heh heh.

Last edited by MagnumWill; April 4, 2009 at 12:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.05417 seconds with 8 queries