View Single Post
Old August 13, 2013, 04:12 AM   #40
Sevens

There's a REALLY good reason they don't do this...
The main reason is that the machinery to make those guns is no longer on the floor of the facility.

Now, do they have the machinery? I would think or hope that the most key pieces are somewhere, still in their possession. They do, however, have a bit of a track record in this regard. (snicker)

This machinery, is it in proper working order?

Are the most important and precision bits of it up to snuff, to make the key parts to their standards?

Are there folks that are trained to run this particular (OLD) equipment, and to adjust, tune & repair the equipment?

Now, how about the actual skilled labor that put the gun parts together to produce the revolver? These are fitted parts, you can't learn to do this by watching a 60 minute DVD.

What about the ridiculous polishing and Colt Royal Blue. They must at least still be doing that...I hope? Without that, you end up with a Colt Peacekeeper.

Page generated in 0.03988 seconds with 8 queries