View Single Post
Old November 6, 2012, 03:09 AM   #18
Cheapshooter

Quote:
Quote:
I am curious as to its merits, since I would want to be able to use it defensively if the need ever arose.
Although my Polish, and Romanian TT33's, and Yugo M57 are just range toys they have been 100% reliable. Everything has been with surplus military ammo, no commercial HP, so I don't really know how well it works in them.

Quote:
I get the feeling that finding a good CCW holster for it is going to be a hassle unless I have one custom made.
Something in a generic 1911 might work. Similar profile, but considerably thinner.

I know you seem bent on a ultra high velocity round, but may I suggest a CZ82. they sell in the same price range as the M57, but are chambered in 9X18 Makarov. Very similar, in fact the ballistics of most rounds are equal to 380ACP. The CZ 82 is a much more modern design with DA/SA capability, drop-hammer safety, and a 12+1 round capacity. Hornady even offers a 9X18 Critical Defense round.
Another choice for something a little more concealable is a Polish P64. Again in 8X18, but with a single stack magazine holding 6 rounds. the double action trigger pull is atrocious, but lighter mainsprings are available, and easy to install. Mine works great, with no reliability problems after changing the spring.
There is a commercial, new gun oprion in 380, 9MM, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP. But I'm NOT going to open that can of worms on this thread. I'm sure if you have been looking into handguns, and reading many threads on TFL, you know what I am talking about.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Page generated in 0.01932 seconds with 8 queries