View Single Post
Old March 14, 2013, 02:00 AM   #1
The_Meteorologist

Sig P938 (1st Range Report)

I purchased a Sig P938 for a summer/lite carry option. I have a rather small frame, and even the M&P 9c is difficult for me to carry concealed at times.
This gun is small, real small, but it is not so tiny that it can't fit into your hands comfortably. I have the flush fit 6 rd mag, and while I can only grip with two fingers, that really is not a problem for me. It does have a 7 rd mag, but you have to buy that extra unless you have the extreme.

Even with its tiny size, you can manage 6+1 with the flush fit, and I feel safe carrying it cocked and locked as the 1911 style safety is very difficult to "accidentally" switch to fire, but easy if you try. Another nice feature is the ability to keep the manual safety on while racking the slide (as long as the hammer is back). This allows you to load a rd into the chamber with safety on, eject the mag, then load the topped off mag. You can also drop the mag and eject a chambered round with safety on.

That said, I did extensive research before buying, and was aware of the "lemons" in some of the earlier batches with major problems relating to FTE, FTF, etc., especially when using 115 grain ammo. It seems that I may be one of the lucky ones as I put 200 rounds through it with only one FTE, and that was with UMC 115 gr which seems to "weak" compared to every other 9 mm ammo I have shot.

Ammo I cycled through included Blazer Aluminum 115, Independence 124, UMC 115, RWS 124, and Winchester 124 +P PDX1 HPs. I cleaned it and will give it another range test before I carry, but I am loving it thus far.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-03-13_22-46-32_690.jpg (264.5 KB, 50 views)

Page generated in 0.02718 seconds with 9 queries