View Single Post
Old September 21, 2013, 03:53 PM   #28
Cheapshooter

Forgive me TFL memeber for I have violated my #1 rule!

But I will explain.
The latest 94 Winchester involved in a tpossible trade for my Yugo M48 is in great shape. Yes, it is the economy "Ranger" model, yes It has angle eject, yes, It has a rebound hammer, but no, It doesn't have the pointless cross bolt safety. As It turns out, to add more insult to the purests, It has a magazine tube about an inch and a half shorter than the barrel. But it is in great shape with a nice looking finish. More on that, and the rifle itself on another thread I started about It.
My excuse for the violation is that the Yugo Mauser was a whim purchase, like most of mine. I wanted a Mauser, It looked good, turned out to be a readonable shooter. But It wasn't a 98! A few years later I found a Russian capture, peened markings genuine 98. A rifle I much prefer. Both because of it's make, model, and it's history.
End result, no decline in the population of my safe, and I now have a thudy-thudy that has scratched an itch I have had for a whole. Plus I still have a real German 98 in excelent condition!
Happy, happy, happy
But I must not make this violation a habit! On wait, the guy also has a Beretta 21A Bobcat in 25ACP he would consider trading for my nice looking on the outside, bore that looks like looking down a gravel road, miss matched Hungarian M44 Mosin-Nagant that I paid about 75 bucks for. Hummmm!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!

Last edited by Cheapshooter; September 21, 2013 at 03:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.02277 seconds with 8 queries