View Single Post
Old February 19, 2013, 04:14 PM   #18
Sevens

Quote:
They don't get much love and you won't impress the friends but the EAA Windicator (pronouced Vindicator) in 38spl/357mag does a pretty good job for the price. It has 6 rounds, is relatively beefy at 28 ounces, is not much bigger than a J-frame and mine shoots as straight as any gun I have. The 357rounds are as easy to manage as a regular 38 special though a light-weight J-frame. If you have $1,000 to spend and don't mind the cost, obviously a S&W is a better gun. The EAA is definitely industrial-grade but it does work and I haven't seen any really bad reviews of it. Most actually seem to be surprised at how functional the gun is. I carry it with no problem IWB. Will it stand up to thousands of rounds - I have my doubts but for now, after 200-250 with 50 or so 357's for the added fireworks, it real works well. I paid about $300 for mine.
I wanted to post up a similar review but because the revolver is NOT mine (belongs to my BIL), I can't really confirm all that's been said here from the perspective of an owner. However, BIL & I are in constant communication and share range reports & updates and his opinions, experience and review mirrors what's in the quoted text.

I've shot the gun on 3 different occasions. Besides the fact that I just don't like snub revolvers (and I never have), I've been impressed with the function, accuracy and appearance of this gun at it's price point. I simply can't give a firm review because I don't own it myself... but from what I've seen in-hand, it looks like a viable option.

Or to put it another way, I'm more impressed with what I've seen from the Windicator than I am from a new Rossi or Charter at a similar price point.

Page generated in 0.03654 seconds with 8 queries